Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Safety Technician- Barceloneta
Verifies safety programs to support maintenance daily duties.
* Executes safety programs to comply with JCI and customer procedures.
* Assists site/project personnel in addressing EHS issues.
* Provides solutions to mitigate safety observations or deficiencies and assists corrective action teams.
* Performs job hazard analysis and assists in the creation of safe work instructions.
* May perform EHS training and assure compliance in accordance with site requirements and specific needs.
* Supports safety reports development, including safety metrics and regulatory reports.
* Assists regulatory compliance audits.
* Tours and inspects the site or production areas while engaging employees on safety topics as it relates to their activities.
* Works with site operations to correct safety issues.
* Maintains files and other EHS documentation.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
* Performs any other miscellaneous duties as requested.
* Trade School required. Technical degree, preferred.
* Two (2) years of experience in a safety related field.
* Requires safety certifications in regulatory, management systems and training programs.
* Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as internet software and e-mail.
* Must be physically able to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
* Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
* Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.