Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Set Up Operators
Location: Fajardo, PR
Requisition Number: 2733
# of openings: 1
HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Companyis a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Set Up Operator
Sets-up/operates production or packaging process equipment in conformance with Standard Operating Procedures. Observes its operation and inspects process to ensure its operation is within specifications. Identifies equipment malfunctions and repair needs, and makes minor adjustments.
• Sets-up equipment/machines by following procedures and specifications.
• Assists production by providing technical and troubleshooting to equipment/machines.
• Assists process control of materials by meeting quantity and quality standards with minimum scrap and rework.
• Maintains and operates equipment/machine by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting; calling for repairs; adhering to good manufacturing practices; making operator adjustments.
• Assists maintenance technicians by performing basic and/or routine preventive maintenance to equipment/machines.
• Reviews production schedule at the start of each shift by determining production run, the need of changeover to a different size or configuration or, if line is down, for scheduled maintenance.
• Readjusts line and effects changeover by setting up assigned equipment for change in material, size, product, or change of pattern and testing equipment for quality of operation when changeover is completed.
• Engages in filter assembly operations as per manufacturing specifications and quality controls by corrugating, slitting, forming, pre-taping, side sealing, end capping among others.
• Perform different operations of the production cycle by working on different types of equipment and/or processes and producing required quantity of filters.
• Examines product for conformity with quality specifications by checking filters for visual attractiveness and/or defects.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Protects operations by complying with standard operation procedures and regulations.
• Completes manufacturing and maintenance reports by complying with good documentation practices.
• Maintains records by completing paperwork.
• Follows all safety rules by regarding equipment/machine operation and proper guarding.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by following organizational standards.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results; keeping business information confidential; administering the system security; ensuring data accuracy and integrity; maintaining updated professional and technical knowledge; assuring systems compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate standards; ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
• Complies with QSR, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
• Acknowledge and maintain commitment with the environmental policy, and participate actively in the environmental programs to achieve the objectives and targets with their area.
• Participate in the development of environmental improvement projects, which imply the minimization, all possible negative environmental impacts of daily operations and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Vocational degree in electronic, mechanic, instrumentation or graduate of technical school.
• Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment or completion of one-year in-house training program for the position.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.