Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition ID 11828BR
Job Title Project Controls Specialist
Location Puerto Rico - San Juan
Job Description In this role you would contribute to CDM Smith by planning, developing, and coordinating project controls support services (staff, tools and procedures) for engineering and construction on largest projects; providing regional and minimal cross-regional assistance for new business development opportunities and proposals on small to large sized projects; directing and mentoring technical skill progression of junior project controls staff; and supporting internal initiatives and training to improve project controls tools, processes and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Planning & Scheduling: Facilitate development and document project planning considerations and objectives and incorporate into the schedule. Create a compliant baseline schedule in accordance with contract specifications. Generate simple to complex project work breakdown structure (WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and Coding for all size projects.
• Measurement & Analysis: Perform monthly schedule update process. Calculate the schedule and validate quality. Document any schedule change and investigate potential delays. Provide project tracking and trending for Scope, Schedule & Budget.
• Progress Reporting: Run monthly layouts, sorts, filters, and organize reports and schedule diagrams & text for monthly progress reports. Analyze progress and variance for trending and analysis. Develop and establish metrics and performance measurements.
• Estimate & Resource Control: Coordinate estimate to help build schedule and schedule of values. Track project cost and resources against budget. Evaluate invoicing to capture to date cost into the schedule. Produce accurate earned value reporting.
• Additional Project oriented functions: Establish system for the storage and retrieval of project documents. Administer the development and integration of permitting, environmental, and regulatory compliance needs and associated risks.
• Marketing, Business Development & Process Improvements: Support project controls on proposals development and presentation.
• Training: Provide internal training to regional staff to improve project controls tools, techniques, processes and procedures internally and with subcontractors.
Job Requirements • Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
• Minimum 7 years experience in project controls for engineering and construction of projects.
• Advanced management or technical training preferred. Construction field experience preferred.
• Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, design, finance, and management.
• Strong communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills; fluent command of spoken and written English.
• Demonstrated ability to direct, train & mentor Senior & Junior Project Control Scheduling staff
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, and Oracle Primavera Scheduling and Contract management tools.
Additional Information We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.